The ramps near an old 'filling station' were left here a long time ago. They are embedded in the side of the tree trunk. The ramps were here first and the tree grew up between them. I do believe they've been sittin' a while.

And another dead end.
Nathan with an Illinois shield and fighting the wind.

A small pond with white caps.

A looming thunderstorm ahead. The wind was incredible.

I had my Route 66 maps to get me where I needed to go but it was reassuring just the same to see these occasional signs confirming that I was going in the right direction.

Almost home! Well, maybe just wishful thinking.

A stretch of brick 66 through the farmland of Illinois. It's not the yellow brick road but cool just the same. This is a beautiful part of the state. The farmland soil is almost black.

Leaving Springfield and the Lauderbach Giant.

No comments:

Post a Comment