Today was a long day. After driving through an undesirable (it seemed to me anyway) area in Chicago I had to take the rental car to the airport and exchange it for another one. There was a loose door panel and I definately did not want to be driving 1000's of miles and have a problem with it. Besides, the car was not very comfortable so it worked out well. The bad part was that it took a good bit of time. I was already behind schedule and Larry had dinner waiting for us. I felt very bad about that too but he didn't show his impatience with me. Larry is one of the sincerely good guys! And so is his friend Jeronimo. He was patient with me too as I intruded on his space more than once while he was trying to watch tv. But the best part? Well, in addition to visiting with an old friend, the pot roast along with trimmings was wonderful. I knew it would be the last homecooked meal for a while and that made it even better, as if that were possible. A huge thanks to Larry for taking me in, feeding me, and helping me with all the techinal problems I've had in trying to get this blog going with pictures, videos, and links. Thank you Larry and a huge hug goes to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment